This amazing and full of flavor Best Berry Meringue Nests recipe is mouthwatering. Cottage cream with a rich taste of caramel combined with the sweetness of a meringue and the bitterness of wild berries. It is an incredible experience.
Meringues may not seem easy to bake, but they are. In this recipe we baked them on a high temperature for only 30 minutes. After those 30 minutes we turned off the oven and simple left them in for another 30 minutes. It is truly a different technique for baking meringues.
Best Berry Meringue Nests
Cottage cream with a rich taste of caramel combined with the sweetness of a meringue and the bitterness of wild berries.
- For the meringues
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 inch salt
- 375 gr caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- sprinkling of icing sugar, for dusting
- For the Berry Syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp water
- For the cheese cream
- (quantities for each meringue nest)
- 2 tsp meringue mixture
- 2 tsp fresh cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp caramel syrup
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 to 3 baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare a pastry bag fitted with a round tip (more or less with 1 cm opening). Set aside.
- Step 2 In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites with salt on medium-low speed until foamy. Add white wine vinegar and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until soft peaks start to form.
- Step 3 Then, while mixer is running, gently add in the sugar, spoonful after spoonful at a time, and increase mixing speed to medium-high. The meringue is ready once stiff peaks form and the sugar is fully dissolved. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure that no sugar is sticking.
- Step 4 Draw 6 circles of approximately 8 cm circles (or the size of your water glass, if this helps) on each of the parchment baking sheets.
- Step 5 Transfer meringue to the pastry bag. Pipe round spiral base on the prepared baking sheet, and without lifting the tip, pipe 2 to 3 circles on top of the outer edge to create a nest.
- Step 6 Place them into the oven, and turn it down to 300F, and let bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave them in for another 30 minutes, then take them out of the oven and let them cool completely for at least one hour.
- Step 7 Before assembling the meringue nests, prepare the Berry Syrup and the Cheese Cream.
- Step 8 For the Berry Syrup In a medium pot, on medium low heat, add water and stir in the berries, brown sugar and cinnamon stick. Continue stirring until all blends together. When it comes to a boil remove the cinnamon stick and mash the berries with a fork. Set aside to cool down.
- Step 9 For the Cheese Cream In a medium bowl, simply whisk together the ingredients and then let sit in the fridge to chill until ready to be used.
- Step 10 When you are ready to assemble the meringue nests, first fill them with a spoon of cheese cream, smooth it with the back of a spoon, then spoon over the cheese cream some berry syrup and top with fresh blueberries and raspberries. Dust with icing sugar.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?