I got to say these were the BEST Braised Shrimp made at home! As I mentioned on my last post, my husband this weekend had surprised me with some beautiful whole white Clam Shells that he brought from the fish market. But he didn’t just buy some clams he also brought home beautiful whole shrimp. So while he was cooking the clams he also cooked the shrimp. It only took 5 minutes for each dish to be completed. Our home was full of aroma.
This time we ate the shrimp as is with homemade toasted garlic bread. We love soaking the bread into shrimp juice. I can’t wait for next time, I’m thinking about tossing these shrimps over some homemade pasta. Yum!
Best Braised Shrimp made at home
Best homemade fresh Shrimp seasoned with fresh squeezed lemon juice, garlic and pinch of piri piri.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp piri-piri
- pinch of salt , to taste
- 1,220 LB shrimp with heads
- 1 fresh lemon juice, squeezed
- Step 1 Rinse the shrimps and preheat a medium Heavy-bottomed pot, on medium heat.
- Step 2 Add the olive oil, bay leaf, garlic cloves, piri-piri and a pinch of salt.
- Step 3 Braise for a few minutes and then add in the shrimp and cover the shrimps with a lid.
- Step 4 Let cook for about 4 minutes, or until they turn pink. Reduce the heat, and squeeze the lemon over the shrimps. Let them sit in the lemon juice for about 5 more minutes.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?