Meringue is a type of a sweet candy or a dessert, traditionally made from egg whites and sugar. If you don’t know what to do with your egg whites, I would recommend this Decadent Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Layer Cake. By adding the cocoa powder to the mixture, we give new flavour to it. This light, airy and sweet homemade meringue cake is unique for it’s combination of flavours that are irresistible.
Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Layer Cake is bursting with flavour. You taste the sweetness of the chocolate in the meringue that breaks away with the bitterness of the Raspberry Cream Cheese. By combining the Raspberry Syrup with Macedonian Feta we created an amazing soft cream cheese.
If you are trilled with this meringue cake then you well enjoy our delicious Berry Meringue Nests.
Chocolate Raspberry Meringue Layer Cake
This recipe has a rich taste of Macedonian Feta cheese combined with the bitterness of raspberry spread over layers of chocolate meringue.
- For the meringues
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 inch salt
- 375 gr caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- For the Berry Syrup
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp water
- For the berry cheese cream
- 235 grams Macedonian Feta
- 285 grams Berry Syrup
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F. Line 3 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside a 7″ Springform and non stick spray.
- Step 2 In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites with salt on medium-low speed until foamy. Add white wine vinegar and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until soft peaks start to form.
- Step 3 While mixer is running, gently add in the sugar, spoonful after spoonful at a time, and increase mixing speed to medium-high. The meringue is ready once stiff peaks form and the sugar is fully dissolved. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure that no sugar is sticking.
- Step 4 Fold in the cocoa powder with a spatula until all the meringue turns chocolate brown.
- Step 5 Using the sides of a springform, spray non stick spray onto it, only an inch, and then place it onto the prepare baking sheet.
- Step 6 Using a spatula, transfer some of the meringue into the springform and using a cake spreader, spread the meringue evenly up to about half an inch tall. The springform helps create a prefect circle. Repeat this process 4 more times or until you have used all the meringue.
- Step 7 Place the 3 baking sheets into the oven, and turn it down to 300F, and let bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave them in for another 30 minutes, then take them out of the oven and let them cool completely for at least one hour.
- Step 8 Meanwhile, let’s prepare the Berry Syrup. In a medium pot, on medium low heat, add water and stir in the raspberries, brown sugar and cinnamon stick. Continue stirring until all blends together. When it comes to a boil remove the cinnamon stick and mash the berries with a fork. Set aside to cool down and then store in the fridge to chill.
- Step 9 Before assembling the meringue cake, prepare the Berry Cheese Cream. In a medium bowl, simply whisk together the chilled Berry Syrup with the Macedonian Feta.
- Step 10 Ready to assemble the meringue layer cake! First, place one meringue disk on to a plate. Spread on some Berry Cream Cheese and again layer another meringue disk over the cream. Again, spread some more Berry Cream Cheese and continue this process 3 more times until you have a meringue layer cake with Berry Cream Cheese in between each layer. Garnish with a few berries and mint leaf.
- Step 11 Serve as is with a cup of tea.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying these products, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.