This is the Best Hasselback Potatoes recipe. The potatoes are coated in soy sauce, olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, fresh garlic and sprinkled with lemon zest. What an amazing result. They are crispy on the outside and tender in the inside.
You may be wondering, how did I slice the potatoes so perfectly. Well, It’s no secret, I used a HasselBack Potato Slicing Rack. You can always use a pair of chopsticks and 2 rubber bands. I place the potato in between the chopsticks and then place the rubber bands on the ends, so that they don’t move around while slicing into the potatoes. Then slice until you reach the chopsticks.
In this recipe, I recommend using medium – small potatoes because they bake faster than the bigger ones. You can also use the tiny new potatoes, they are so good and new!
The reason why I enjoy presenting my Roasted Hasselback Potatoes as a side dish is because they are so rich in flavor and they look so presentable.
Best Hasselback Potatoes
Coated in soy sauce, olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, fresh garlic and sprinkled with lemon zest.
- a few medium potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- dry sage, a pinch
- dry rosemary, a pinch
- dry fresh basil, a pinch
- paprika, a pinch
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon, squeeze
- 1 lemon zest
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Step 2 Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry.
- Step 3 Cut slits into the potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom.
- Step 4 In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients with the olive oil, soy sauce and lemon juice, except for the lemon zest.
- Step 5 Place the hasselback potatoes onto an oven dish.
- Step 6 Brush and coat the potatoes evenly over and under with the marinade.
- Step 7 Be sure potatoes are placed in the oven dish sliced side up before placing them into the oven.
- Step 8 To finish off, sprinkle the potatoes with lemon zest.
- Step 9 Bake them for only 30 minutes. At this point, the potato slices are separating. Remove the dish from the oven and brush the potatoes again with the marinade.
- Step 10 Bake for another 30 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy on the edges and tender in the middle.
- Step 11 Let cool for 3 minutes in the dish. Serve them hot.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying one of the products, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.