Going back to school should be an easy task when it comes to lunches and snacks, right?
I don’t feel I can say the same anymore in this family home. My son and husband enjoy the idea of having fresh pastries in the kitchen. They are my testers.
I started with the food blog only 2 months ago. I love baking and cooking. Every day, I’m learning something new. So there has been a lot more fresh bakes, lately.
Last night, I made a few muffins, similar to the banana muffins except without the walnuts. I add semisweet chocolate morsels to the recipe. It just made that muffin even more delicious and moistened. If you add 20ml of espresso powder, you won’t be disappointed. So much richness is added to it.
How to make our Chocolate Banana Swirl Muffins:
I’m sure you already have all the ingredients to this recipe at home.
Keep in mind overripe bananas are the best to use for baking. They are so much sweeter. If you have too many ripe bananas you can also bake Banana Walnut Muffins while the oven is on.
Chocolate Banana Swirl Muffins | makes 8
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour milk
- 1 tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar or molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 large muffin cups with parchment liners, or coat well with cooking spray.
- Step 2 In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Step 3 In a small measurement bowl, prepare the sour milk: 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar with enough milk to make 1/4 cup total liquid, let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 In a bowl of a stand mixer, with a spatula stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre of mixture.
- Step 5 In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, eggs, oil, sour milk, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Step 6 Add to dry ingredients, whisking at medium speed until just moistened.
- Step 7 Spoon 1 ½ cups batter into a separate bowl and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Step 8 Spoon banana batter into prepared muffin cups only half way.
- Step 9 Spoon in the chocolate batter over the banana batter and swirl in with the help of a dessert fork.
- Step 10 Bake until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Step 11 Let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!