March Break can be a little crazy in every house hold. Kids are home for a whole week and they are all talking about having friends and sleep overs. Today is day three of the March Break, so two more days to go. Here is an easy suggestion for breakfast this morning! It’s nothing fancy but the kids love English Muffin French Toast with maple syrup on top. Don’t go over heels if you don’t have any English Muffins in the fridge, grab a loaf of bread and cut it into slices. It will have the same results and as delicious!
English Muffin French Toast
Simple, easy, tasty and kid friendly!
- 3 plain English muffins, halved
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- maple syrup
- Step 1 Prepare the English muffins, by cutting them in halves.
- Step 2 In a shallow bowl, whisk the milk and eggs.
- Step 3 Melt butter in an iron cast skillet or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Step 4 Add the English muffin halves to the mixture and soak, flipping a few times, until thoroughly saturated.
- Step 5 Once the skillet is hot, add muffin halves to the butter. Cook on the first side for about 30 seconds, flip and continue cooking until muffins are golden brown. Reduce heat, as necessary, to keep the butter temperature hot but not smoking.
- Step 6 Serve warm with, fresh berries and maple syrup, and enjoy!