This week we created delicious meals but we have been forgetting about putting some fish in our diets.
Fish Stew is one of our favourite dishes. While making our dinner we always think ahead. Putting in a few more potatoes, fish and water you have fish soup for the next day. Blend all the ingredients, except for the fish, add 1/8 tsp of hot spice and serve it over some rustic toasted bread. Delicious!
Before you enjoy the Fish Soup I hope you enjoy the Fish Stew, as much as we do!
- Olive oil, drizzle until pan is lightly covered
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 large beef tomatoes, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in slices 5mm thick
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 thyme stems
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 cups boiling water, fill until potatoes are covered
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 fresh fish fillets
- drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil
- Step 1 Heat olive oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Add the chopped onions, garlic, bell peppers, celery, dry basil and paprika and let it cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender but not brown.
- Step 2 Add the tomatoes, potatoes, bay leaf and thyme stems. Pour in the white wine and boiled water. Season with salt and black pepper and bring it all to a boil. Reduce to a low heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 3 Add your fish fillets and bring it back to a boil, then reduce to a medium-low heat and simmer for a another 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the fish is cooked through and flakes apart. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Step 4 You can serve as is or serve it over rustic toasted bread.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!