Hello Weekend!!! This delicious French Toast with Honey Syrup family recipe is very simple and easy to make. I’m sure you have all the ingredients stored in your pantry. We enjoy making French toast in our pyjamas, so there is no way of getting out of the house before eating breakfast!! If you want to make the BEST French toast then use day old bread or stale bread because it will soak up the French toast batter better. You can enjoy this French toast for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. It is delicious in every way, they are so fluffy and rich in flavours that it melts in your mouth. Hope your weekend can start as delicious as ours. Add some seasonal berries to your French Toast, it will give you a reason to eat fruit in the morning and it will colour up your plate. Enjoy!!
French Toast with Honey Syrup!!
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 10 slices day old bread
- Unsalted butter
- Step 1 To make the Batter stir together all the ingredients, except the eggs, and then pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate. In another shallow container whisk the eggs, set them aside briefly.
- Step 2 Cut the bread into slices, around 1,5 cm thick.
- Step 3 To make the Syrup whisk together water, honey and cinnamon over low heat in a small sauce pan for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 While the Syrup is heating, we can start making our delicious French toast.
- Step 5 Place a skillet or a sauce pan on medium heat. Make sure the skillet is nice and hot before you start.
- Step 6 Place butter on the hot pan and let it melt. Using butter will give the French toast extra flavor and create a nice golden brown crust.
- Step 7 Dip the bread in the batter and then dip it again in the eggs. Don’t leave the bread in the mix too long or it will get soggy.
- Step 8 Make sure you soak each side of the bread into the egg mix before placing it in the skillet.
- Step 9 Fry slices until golden brown, then flip onto the other side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Step 10 Use a spatula to help you flip the toast.
- Step 11 Place the French toast on a plate and pour the syrup equally on each toast and enjoy!