My father in-law loves apples! He eats several apples during the day. My mother in-law says that’s why he looks so young for his age.
Every time she says that, he just gives her a quick look has he continues peeling apples to share with everyone at the table. He has been listening to her say this phrase for many years now. He is used to it, but for us, it makes us smile and giggle.
In other words, there are always many apples in the house and we don’t always want plain raw apples, so once and a while we make an apple pie with our unique Graham Cracker Dates Crust.
I am going to share it with you because it is delicious and rich in flavour.
We make our own graham cracker crumbs by crushing them in a blender or food processor. If you want to make this recipe a little easier, you can use store-bought graham cracker crumbs. Both work great in this recipe!
Graham Cracker Dates Crust
- 1 1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 8 sliced Dates
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- lemon zest
- Step 1 Add the graham crackers to a blender or food processor and process until you have fine crumbs.
- Step 2 Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined and all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Step 3 Pure the mixture into a pie plate or springform pan and firmly press it down into an even layer on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish.
- Step 4 For a baked pie crust: Bake it at 350°F for 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden.
- Step 5 For a no-bake pie crust: put it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes while you are preparing your filling.
- Step 6 There you go, enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is very appreciated!