Happy Friday! We are so glad that the weekend is right at the door. Our week days are full of routine so on the weekends we just take it slow and enjoy time with the family. One of the best ways we enjoy spending time together is baking, so take bake these Granola Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies on the weekend. They are so good!
Yesterday, Rodrigo asked me to bake those amazing Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies that we had posted on July so that he could take them to school to share with his friends after school. But then he came across this recipe, Granola Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies, and he was so excited to start. He got all the ingredients together, he blended the granola mix in the food processor, not too much because we still want to feel the granola texture in the cookie, he mashed the bananas and he read and did the recipe himself. It actually when well and we were proud of them.
These Cookies are rich in flavor that there is so much going on in one bite. Baked for chocolate and banana lovers. They’re very simple to make that your children can help make them with you. Just don’t let them eat the whole cookie mix before putting them in the oven.
HOW TO MAKE OUR GRANOLA CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA COOKIES:
In this recipe we used Granola mix instead of plain oats. I believe either way should taste amazing. I have noticed that some Granola mix already comes with chocolate chips, in this case, we don’t need to add more to it. Just add another 1/3 of granola mix to the recipe. The portions are perfect as is. I hope you enjoy making them as much as we enjoyed eating them.
Granola Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies
A healthy snack rich in flavor and high in protein. Great to eat at any time of day!
- 1 cup Granola Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup chocolate chip
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1/3 chopped Almonds (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Step 2 In the food processor, place in the Granola Mix and let run for a few seconds.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, whisk an egg and set aside.
- Step 4 In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, stir in the chocolate chips, the egg, the granola mix, vanilla extract, cinnamon and a pinch of salt, to taste.
- Step 5 On the prepared baking sheet, scoop the mix with a spoon or a 45 ml ice cream scoop.
- Step 6 Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Step 7 Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack before eating them.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!