Soft, medium or hard boiled eggs, are always yummy to eat. You can always eat it on it’s own or add it to one of your meals. Can there be anything better, especially when you can boil it perfectly as you like it.
As I had mentioned before you can always use a Rapid Egg Cooker, it’s quite easy to use and it always comes out perfect. Another reason to have one is if you have kids around and you don’t want them to use the stove. It’s very practical.
I personally use the traditional way, a saucepan with boiling water. But timing is important to boil a perfect egg. So below I share with you three simple steps for cooking them.
How to boil a perfect egg
Timing is important to boil a perfect egg. Here is a simple guideline for cooking them.
- Start by putting the eggs in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them.
- Set the pan over medium-high heat and as soon as the water reaches a brisk simmer, start timing.
- As the eggs cook, adjust the heat as needed to maintain a brisk simmer.
Soft boiled: 2 minutes The white is solid, but the yolk is still runny. You can’t peel the egg but you can serve it in an egg cup.
- Crack and remove the pointed end of the egg, making a hole in the shell large enough to fit the spoon.
Medium boiled: 5 minutes The yolk is solid but still dark orange-yellow, moist, and dense in the middle.
Hard boiled: 8 minutes The yolk is completely solid, light yellow, and crumbly.
- After boiled, put the eggs in a very cold ice bath, to stop the cooking process.
- Once chilled, crack the eggs and let them sit in the water (this helps loosen the shell)
- Gently peel them.
I hope your egg is as you like them! Don’t worry if it’s not as perfect, just try it again next time and have fun cooking!
DID YOU BOIL THE EGGS?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is very appreciated!