Liver Bacon Potato Saute with Herb Butter is one of my favorite dish when it comes to Liver. It’s a one pan hearty Autumn dish. There is so much that goes into this dish and it takes no time at all to make it.
The Herb butter over the potatoes just melts in your mouth and for those who don’t like the strong taste of liver the herb butter hides that flavour. The whole dish just becomes rich and succulent.
Not everyone enjoys liver, that I can understand , my son was the same way, but believe me that this Liver bacon potato saute coated in herb butter is totally worth the try. My son loves this recipe, and after serving it for the third time, we believe that this one is the one. The secret is the herb butter and not peeling the potatoes. They have so much flavour and the peel allows the potatoes not to break apart after being tossed around. If you are not use to eating liver, well then I hope you enjoy!
Liver Bacon Potato Sauté with Herb Butter | 4 servings
The Herb butter over the potatoes just melts in your mouth and for those who don’t like the strong taste of liver the herb butter hides that flavour.
- For the potatoes:
- 10 small potatoes, cubed and unpeeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- drizzle olive oil
- For the Herb Butter:
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- For the Wok:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and each cut into 3-4 pieces on the diagonal
- 50g bacon, snipped into pieces
- For the Liver:
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g liver, sliced into thin strips
- 2 stems fresh parsley, chopped
- Step 1 Slice the potatoes in halves. Simmer in salted water for 12-15 minutes. Before adding the potatoes into the water, add the garlic cloves, 1 bay leaf and drizzle with olive oil. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2 Mix the herb butter ingredients together, spread out into a piece of baking parchment, roll up and twist the ends tightly. Put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Step 3 Heat the olive oil in a wok. Add the potatoes and fry them for 4-5 minutes over a high heat until browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Step 4 Add the spring onions and bacon into the wok and stir and sizzle for 3-4 minutes or until the bacon gets crispy.
- Step 5 Meanwhile, season the flour with paprika, a little salt and pepper, then use to coat the liver.
- Step 6 Stir the liver into the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 7 Toss in the potatoes, bacon and spring onions and quickly reheat. Stir in the chopped parsley. Remove from the wok and keep warm in a hot plate.
- Step 8 Add the herb butter into the wok and scrape all the crispy bits up from the bottom. Allow the butter to melt but not color for 1-2 minutes and then pour over the liver, potatoes and spring onions.