I can’t imagine anyone who doesn’t like a homemade pot pie! Especially a Chicken Spinach Mushroom Pot Pie covered with crispy puff pastry. Using only one Iron Cast skillet, this hearty dinner recipe is no fuss nor does it take all day to make. The puff pastry in this recipe is store bought but never the less, amazingly good. When working with frozen puff pastry we need to let it thaw overnight in the fridge or over the counter ahead of time. If you try to work with puff pastry that is not fully thawed, it will crack and become a mess. Planning ahead will result into a delicious buttery, flaky, golden brown pot pie delight.
One-Skillet Chicken Spinach Mushroom Pot Pie
Using only one Iron Cast skillet, crispy puff pastry, spinach, mushroom and chicken, this hearty dinner recipe is no fuss to make.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 200 grams spinach, washed thoroughly
- 100 grams brown mushrooms, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry parsley, nutmeg, dry thyme
- 2 chicken thigh, shredded
- 1 cup Havarti cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 pre-rolled Butter Puff Pastry sheet
- 1 tbsp butter, melted to brush over the puff pastry
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F. Remove 1 pre-rolled puff pasty sheet from the freezer and allow it to thaw over the counter.
- Step 2 In a preheated 12″ skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and sliced onions. Allow it to cook, stirring occasionally, until soften but not brown, for about 6 minutes.
- Step 3 Sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to stick to the bottom of pan, about 30 seconds.
- Step 4 Pour in the milk, lower the heat, stir and bring the milk to a simmer.
- Step 5 Add and stir in the spinach and the chopped mushrooms. Season with salt, soy sauce and the dry ingredients. Stir until evenly combined.
- Step 6 Place the shredded chicken over the spinach mixture and press the chicken into the milk mixture.
- Step 7 Sprinkle the Havarti, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the shredded chicken.
- Step 8 Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface into a 13″ square (large enough to cover skillet with a bit of overhang). Roll pastry up onto rolling pin. Unfurl pastry from rolling pin, draping it over the skillet.
- Step 9 Using a pastry brush, brush top of pastry with butter. Cut 4 small slits in the center so steam can escape.
- Step 10 Place pot pie in the oven and allow it to cook for about 45 mins or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying this product, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.