A great side dish made with beautiful unpeeled small potatoes, olive oil and herbs. The secret to these potatoes are that I boil them first until tender and then I put them in the oven, for a few minutes until golden brown.
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds small white-skinned potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- drizzle olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp dry parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Step 1 In a large saucepan , add cold water, potatoes already sliced in halves and unpeeled, garlic, bay leaf, drizzle of olive oil and salt.
- Step 2 Bring the water to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 8 minutes, it all depends on their size.
- Step 3 Preheat the oven to Broil.
- Step 4 Drain the water. Dump the potatoes, garlic and bay leaf into a ceramic bake dish and spread then out into 1 layer.
- Step 5 Over the potatoes, sprinkle dry parsley and fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Step 6 Roast in the oven until golden brown. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking.
- Step 7 Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!