Best easy recipe for any Sunday morning would be delicious Raisin Cinnamon Sugar Waffles. Of course we have our original waffles but we try to make them a little different each time. For years now, every Sunday needs to start with an amazing breakfast, or it’s Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes, Waffles, eggs & bacon with a smoothie, French Toast with honey or just something different from all other days…
Bake yourself these amazing and delicious Raisin Cinnamon Sugar Waffles. Your family will love you for it! I also drizzle maple syrup over them and it adds so much moist to them. While my husband adds honey and Rodrigo eats them as is.
After the Waffles are done, while still warm, we dip them into the cinnamon sugar mixture. It just adds so much flavor and texture to them. My son loves eating them as a snack as well.
I would totally recommend a Waffle Iron to successfully make this recipe, it’s totally worth it!
Raisin Cinnamon Sugar Waffles
Family favorite Raisin Waffles dipped in a Cinnamon and sugar mixture topped with maple syrup.
- For the waffles
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 x 1/2 tbsp coarse sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sultana raisins
- For the coating
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- Step 1 Using the stand mixture, add in its bowl, the eggs, milk, oil, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Blend until combined at medium speed.
- Step 2 Slowly add the flour with the baking powder into the egg mixture, continue blending all the ingredients at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 3 Fold in the raisins and stir well.
- Step 4 Preheat the waffle iron and coat well with cooking spray.
- Step 5 While the waffle iron is preheating, in a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for the coating, set aside.
- Step 6 With 3/4 cup portions, place the batter in the center of waffle iron and cook until golden, for about 4 minutes.
- Step 7 Before letting them cool down, dip and coat the waffles into the cinnamon mixture. Let cool on the rack.
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying a Waffle Iron, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.