Savory Feta Cherry Tomato Muffins
Savory Feta Cherry Tomato Muffins | makes 8
October 1, 2018
: 45 min
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 dry oregano
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 grams feta cheese, grated
- 8 black olives, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes halves
- 8 cherry tomatoes for garnishing
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400F and line parchment paper in a the muffin tins.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, milk, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Step 4 In a small bowl, stir together the chopped parsley, feta cheese and olives.
- Step 5 Add the egg mixture and the feta mixture into the flour, stir until combined.
- Step 6 Fill the muffin tins half full. Place four tomato halves and chopped olives on top, then top up with more batter. Garnish with one more cherry tomato and sprinkle a pinch of oregano.
- Step 7 Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and continue baking for about 25 to 30 minutes until it’s golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 8 Remove them from the oven and let cool in muffin tins for 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!