Good Mornings readers, friends and family, we are in the middle of September and it’s still very hot outside. So, we enjoy getting together in the park. For me that means, I need to think about what to make because I can’t go empty handed nor buy something already made. Where is the fun in that!!!
I’m up for some cold pasta, so to get that pasta melting in my mouth I’ll prepare a Spinach Basil Pesto but nut free. I have a few friends that don’t go well with nuts. So let’s just take that out of the recipe.
Of course the main ingredients are the spinach and the basil, but what gives a spark in our mouths is the fresh squeezed lemon and the lemon zest. The parmesan gives a salty twist to it so if you prefer, add the salt and pepper at the end, to taste.
My friends for sure are going to enjoy this Pesto. But if there are any leftovers I’ll just store it in the fridge for another dish.
Spinach Basil Pesto | Nut Free
- 1 ½ cup spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp squeezed fresh lemon
- 1 lemon zest or ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup + 20ml olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 In a food processor, add in the spinach, basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice and zest, only 2 tbsp of olive oil and let it blend until smoothen. Stop occasionally to scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Step 2 Add the rest of the olive oil and the grated cheese and let it blend again. When it is nicely combined, taste the pesto and add salt and pepper, to taste.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!