This recipe is easy to prepare. Herb seasoned Spring Onion Cheesy stuffed Chicken breast sounds like a dinner to cheer up a family. You know that you can’t go wrong with chicken but you do want to make your plate shine but not over do yourself. I suggest trying this amazing Stuffed Chicken.
Spring onions are refreshing as well for the cottage cheese. I then used grated Parmesan to get that salted flavor. The bacon strips coated in honey gives texture and it’s rich in flavor.
I would totally recommend an Iron Skillet to successfully make this dish, it’s wonderful to cook in!
Spring Onion Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
Chicken breast stuffed with spring onions and cottage cheese. Sprinkled grated Parmesan to get that salted flavor. Bacon strips coated in honey gives a crispy rich texture.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon, squeezed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of dried thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary and parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese for each chicken
- 8 spring onions, chopped in 3 parts
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 bacon strips
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375F. Slice each chicken breast horizontally to form a book. Be sure to not cut all the way through.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, add in the olive oil, salt and pepper, minced garlic, dried seasoning, paprika and lemon juice.
- Step 3 Place the chicken breast into that same bowl and rub the chicken and coat them evenly.
- Step 4 Prepare each chicken breast at a time, smear in the cottage cheese, the chopped spring onions and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Step 5 Wrap the chicken with 3 bacon strips and hold it together with toothpicks or tie with a string. Repeat this process with the other 3 breasts.
- Step 6 In a large iron skillet or one that is oven safe, melt butter over medium heat. After it has melted stir in the honey. Immediately place in the chicken breast and let cook for 3 to 4 minuted on each side.
- Step 7 Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked, bacon is crispy and cheese is melted. Serve hot!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO ENJOY!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me @familyfoodaroundtheclock on Instagram and include the hashtag #family14grams . I would love to see your tasty creations!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and end up buying an iron Skillet, I make a percentage of the sale! The products that I mention on my post I truly recommend them.