Here we are, sharing with you one of our delicious recipes.
This is the first page of our blog and we have a lot of recipes to share with you.
Our friends and family know that we love spending our time at home cooking and baking, so we are going to start with a delicious dessert, because we want a sweet beginning.
Easy to make St. Clair Custard Tart
Custard Tart, are simple, easy and truly delicious to make. They are a yummy afternoon treat or a wonderful dessert to serve after an amazing meal.
The first thing we are going to make is the Pastry. It doesn’t take long to make it nor does the filling. So while the pastry is resting in the fridge we can then start the filling.
St Clair Custard Tart
- 200g of all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Custard filling:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 entire lemon zest
- Step 1 To make the pastry, first melt the butter with the orange juice in a small saucepan.
- Step 2 Put the flour, salt and melted butter in the mixer, bring it together to form a soft dough and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll with a rolling pin until 1/8 inch thick.
- Step 4 Using a 9 inch tart pan, greased, line the dough and trim the excess neatly around the edges.
- Step 5 Let it rest in the fridge for 20 minutes while preparing the filling.
- Step 6 Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Step 7 To prepare the filling, in a medium saucepan add sugar, eggs, milk and lemon zest.
- Step 8 Stir the mix over medium heat, until it starts to boil.
- Step 9 Transfer the custard mixture into a pouring jug with a lip, then fill the tart pan.
- Step 10 Put the tart into the oven and bake them until the dough gets golden brown, around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 11 Cool for 30 minutes and then carefully remove the custard tart from the pan. The base of the tart should be perfectly baked through, without having over-cooked the custard filling.
- Step 12 Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you!