You find yourself lost in the fridge with so many vegetables. What to do with them and how to make your family enjoy eating their veggies. Last night I really wanted to eat something light but filling.
The best way to get those veggies out of my fridge was to bake a delicious Frittata. It was mouthwatering and it hit the spot!
For this dish I used a Mandoline Slicer to cut my veggies with the same width, allowing them to cook evenly. By the way, it’s really quick and easy to use.
HOW TO MAKE A VEGETABLE FRITTATA:
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed ends
- 1 large carrot, peeled and trimmed ends
- 1 medium white onion, peeled
- 1/2 red sweet bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp dry basil
- Step 1 Using the slicer attachment, slice the potato, the zucchini, the carrot, the white onion, the red sweet bell pepper and the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Step 2 Break up the broccoli and finely chop the fresh parsley and chives. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper, to taste and add in the sour cream. Continue whisking until fluffy and light. Set aside.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 5 In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add all the vegetables and fresh herbs, sautéing them for 5 minutes. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and shake until evenly coated.
- Step 6 Grate the cheese directly and evenly over the mixture and then sprinkle dry basil as well.
- Step 7 Place it into the oven and let it bake for 20 minutes until edges are golden brown. Then let it sit in the oven on broil for 2 more minutes.
- Step 8 Let it cool for a minute or two and enjoy the frittata with a fresh tomato cucumber salad. Yum!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I’m so excited to hear from all of you! Sharing on social media is much appreciated!