Whenever we have a gathering of family and friends we always get together a pot of soup. It is the time of year which a bowl of soup, simple tastes and feels really yummy. It was a last moment thing, everything happen so fast that I had no time to go to the market to buy some vegetables. So I got whatever vegetables, I had in my fridge and made a delicious pot of vegetables, leek, butter beans and chorizo soup. It was a hit at dinner time.
Vegetables, Leek, Butter Beans and Chorizo Soup
Rich and brothy, this chorizo and leek soup loaded with fresh vegetables will warm you up!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, only the greens washed and chopped
Portuguese chorizo, chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, chopped
- 200 grams pumpkin, peeled, and chopped
- 200 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 200 grams potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp white wine
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 ml butter bean, drained and rinsed
- 350 grams spring beans, trimmed
- 2 leeks, only the whites washes and finely sliced.
- Step 1 Prepare all the ingredients first.
- Step 2 Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leek (only the greens), chorizo, carrots, pumpkin and potatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly golden. Chorizo will start to release some fat, in which the vegetables will cook in.
- Step 3 Pour in the water and white wine. Toss in a bay leaf and season with salt, to taste. Turn the heat to medium high and allow it to cook until potatoes are tender. Cover with a lid to bring to a boil.
- Step 4 Add the butter beans and spring beans and allow them to cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Step 5 Before blending the vegetables with a hand blender remove the bay leaf. On low speed, puree the vegetables and the chorizo until smooth.
- Step 6 Add the leek and allow them to cook for a couple of minutes on low heat. Serve hot and enjoy!